– Japan Marathon Championship Series
– Selection Trials for the 2022 World Athletics Championships Oregon
– Selection Trials for the 2022 Asian Games Hangzho
– Marathon Grand Championship challenge
Japan Association of Athletics Federations
Kansai Telecasting Corp. (KTV)
The Sankei Shimbun (Newspaper)
The Sankei Sports Shimbun
Osaka City Government
Osaka Prefectural Government
Osaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Osaka Association of All Athletes
Daihatsu Motor Co.,Ltd.
CITIZEN WATCH Co.,Ltd.
Date: Sunday, January 26, 2020
Starting Time: 12:10
Site: Osaka Women’s Marathon Course (42.195km)
The race starts and finishes at the Yanmar Nagai Stadium located in the South of Osaka, and covers the most scenic and historic areas of Osaka City. After leaving the Stadium, runners will make their way northward to the Osaka Castle and then, the Osaka City Hall. After the City Hall, runners will run under beautiful ginkgo trees along the Midosuji, one of main streets of Osaka. Runners will once again pass the Osaka Castle before covering the last 12 kilometers back to the Yanmar Nagai Stadium. The course is mostly flat with little change in elevation and protected from wind by buildings and trees along the streets.
Female runners who have met the following standards in an official event of the WA or an AIMS certified race from January 1,2018 through the date of application and to be aged 19 years or older on Race Day.
1. Marathon: under 3 hours 10 minutes.
2. 30km Road Race: under 2 hour 11 minutes.
3. Half Marathon: under 1 hour 28 minutes.
4. 10km Road Race: under 37 minutes.
The race will be conducted in accordance with the WA rules, the 2019 JAAF rules and the Osaka Women’s Marathon regulations. WA Road Race Label Regulations also apply to the 2020 Osaka Women’s Marathon, which has been certified by the WA as a Gold Label road race.
Date: Saturday, January 25
Time: 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
*Participants are required to arrive on time.
Place: Hotel New Otani Osaka 2nd floor
Number bibs and other items will be distributed during the first call.
Award Ceremony & Farewell Party
Date: Sunday, January 26
Time: Start from 6:00 pm
Place: Hotel New Otani Osaka
*1-4-1 Shiromi, Chuo-ku, Osaka / +81-6-6941-1111 (main switchboard)
1. Awards will be presented to top 8 finishers.
2. Outstanding Efforts Awards will be given to the excellent runners among Japanese participants.
Race Certificate will be issued to all finishers.
*To only finishers, records of 10 km, 20 km, half, 25 km, and 30 km are officially approved besides a full marathon.
Doping Control is conducted in accordance with WA Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations and Japan Anti-Doping Code. A urine and/or blood sample may be taken for the test before or after the race. Those runners who are designated by the officials must follow the instructions of the medical personnel in charge. When athletes are selected for testing, they are required to provide ID card with a photo. Please bring any of the following on the race day; a student ID card, a company ID card, a driver’s license with a photo and a photocopy of passport with a clear headshot.
Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)
Runners who use any medications prohibited according to the Prohibited List International Standard to treat the medical condition must submit the TUE application prior to the race.
For further information, please access the following websites.
1. The organizer and the host company abide by all laws and ordinances concerning the protection of personal information and adhere to the personal information protection policy when handling personal information. The organizer may use personal information for the purposes of preliminary qualification examination, preparation of the race program, results announcement, and delivering relevant information about official website, event operation and athletic sports.
Personal information may be released to media including TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and the internet.
2. The race is broadcast on TV and distributed its video on the internet.
3. The organizer, the host company and the third parties approved by the organizer and the host company may post videos, photographs, articles, individual records related to the race on media such as advertising materials including the race program and posters, TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and the internet by way of operating and promoting the event.
- The organizer shall not arrange a physical check-up for participants. All participants are advised to be well prepared for the race individually.
- The organizer provide emergency medical treatment when accident occurs during the race, but shall not be responsible for afterward.
- Participants from Japan must bring their medical insurance card (photocopy is accepted) to the race.
- If participants withdraw from the race after registration due to inevitable reasons, it is required to submit an absence report with a reason to the race organizer.
- It is prohibited for a third party to use any videos and photographs related to the race including uploading pictures and videos on the internet without approval from the organizer and the host company.
Fill in the entry form and send it to the Organizing Committee of Osaka Women’s Marathon by mail.
*Please enclose a record certificate concerned as an eligibility for participation.
From October 1st till no later than December 11th, 2019
¥10,000- (Japanese yen)
Entry fee should be paid when you pick up your number bib.
The Organizing Committee of 2020 Osaka Women’s Marathon
Head Office:The Sankei Shimbun
2-1-57 Minato-machi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, 556-8662